I have made a huge mess in my room.
How? By trying to find the right quotes and right words to name my blog. My title comes from the wonderful teacher, Ralph Fletcher, who writes about teaching writers. To me, I breathe reading and writing. With my career choice - it will not change...and I am sincerely happy with this.
It came to my own attention, through sheer observation, that I have stopped keeping a journal, writing area, or extension of thought. Which is strange because I have always done so (with melodramatic, livejournal, and myspace) yet I have stopped all those sites. I used melodramatic when I was fifteen, because well...I was melodramatic. Livejournal happened to be frequently used throughout high school and then myspace straight afterwards. Well, I am on facebook and that doesn't exactly have a form of outlet. Since my friend Miranda blogs about her photography and now her love for videogames - I thought, "Hey, what not?"
Well now I am 23 years old and a college student at Western Washington University. I study English, English literature, Linguistics, and Children's literature. I am training to be an English teacher. I encourage all forms of literacy and absolutely love language.
To me, reading and writing is a gift and one of the most powerful tools that someone can obtain. The power of words is tremendous. A book can just be a book - pieces of paper with black words printed on them and binded together. Yet it's how the words come together and how people interpret these words, the experiences they take from them...that make it so unique.
To me this blog will be about that. It will be about words, books, readers, and writers. As a reader and writer - I look forward to sharing my thoughts, interests, musings, writings, and readings on this blog. My goal for this summer is to read a book every two weeks, if possible, every week. I WILL make this goal. Each time I read a book or write a piece, I look forward to sharing it with you all. With that, it is two in the morning and I really should be sleeping. Oh and please, bare with me as I am very new at this blogging ordeal. Forgive how slow I am...I will try and learn as fast as I possibly can. Thank you!
Until next time,
Ethelyn
Yay for blogging! I am pleased with your decision. Will you be posting reviews/musings on the books you read this summer?
ReplyDeleteThanks Miranda! Yes, I am! :) I just have so much to say about all of my reading and I feel like my scholarly and academic writing is limited to just my professors. That and I have writing that I would love to share with people! I hope that you enjoy my 'musings' on books and papers as much as I have been LOVING your photography! :D
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely! I am psyched that you're blogging :D
ReplyDelete